May God the Father be with us, Lord Jesus Christ direct us and the Holy Spirit empower us in our journey!
St. John's - Nelson, the second oldest Anglican Church in Burlington, was founded in 1835 though worship has taken place in the present building since 1839.
St John’s is part of the world-wide Anglican communion. We strive to live up to our motto of “Open Doors; Open Hearts; Open Minds” as a loving, joyful, and Christ-centred community, serving God by serving others. We worship in a sacramental way, meaning that Holy Communion (Eucharist) is the fundamental part of our Sunday gatherings.
Rector: Leslie Gerlofs, 905-336-5164
Wardens: Linda Frape / Peter Jones
Brenda Vassallo, 905-336-5164
One of the first ways we as a church live into our work of truth, healing and reconciliation with Indigenous peoples is to respectfully acknowledge that we are settlers on the land where St. John’s Church resides.
‘For thousands of years, Indigenous peoples have walked on this land; their relationship with the land is at the centre of their lives and spirituality. We gather on the traditional territory of several Indigenous peoples, including the Neutrals, the Mississauga, the Anishnaabe and the Haudenosaunee. May we who dwell on this land be good stewards and honour those who came before us.’